Tuesday 21 February 2017

OTHER POEMS OF LANGSTON HUGHES

OTHER POEMS OF LANGSTON HUGHES

I,TOO-LANGSTON HUGHES


I,too sing america.

I am the darker brother.
They send me to eat in the kitchen
When company comes,
But I laugh

And eat well,
And grow strong.

Tomorrow,
I'll be at the table
When company comes.
Nobody'll dare
Say to me,
"Eat in the kitchen,"
Then.

Besides,
They'll see how beautiful I am
And be ashamed--

I, too, am America. 
DEMOCRACY POEM BY LANGSTON HUGHES

Democracy will not come
Today, this year
Nor ever
Through compromise and fear.

I have as much right
As the other fellow has
To stand
On my two feet
And own the land.

I tire so of hearing people say,
Let things take their course.
Tomorrow is another day.
I do not need my freedom when I'm dead.
I cannot live on tomorrow's bread.

Freedom
Is a strong seed
Planted
In a great need.

I live here, too.
I want freedom
Just as you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

sustainable energy and the impact on the society

Introduction: Sustainable energy is an important topic in the current global scenario, where the demand for energy is increasing while also ...